Helping Bring About A Change To A Growing Epidemic

Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Time To Share This Secret






Now that you've tested positive; it's time you learn how to tell others. After all, there's no longer a need to be afraid of telling this truth. Take it from me, sharing your diagnosis gets much easier as time passes. But before I point out the significant reasons why you should share your diagnosis; let me tell you what evoked me to start sharing mine.

Ironically, one night while I was out having a nice time at a local night club, I met this very distinguishing looking fellow, who I thought was extremely attractive. As a result, I approached him and asked if he wanted a drink. Of course, he accepted.

Afterwards, while talking and getting to know one another, I noticed he had a sore on his lip. Grant it, at first I thought it was a simple cold sore, something that was curable. Yet when I asked what it was, he informed me that it was herpes. Shocked, I was instantly taken aback. Moreover, I was surprised at how honest he was.

As a result, I informed him that I was HIV positive. Funny thing though, you should've seen the look on his face when I told him that. It was as if he'd won the lottery. So I asked him why he looked so surprised. His response, "Because I'm HIV positive, too."

Finally, after sharing a few spins out on the dance floor, we eventually decided to go back to his place. Not to have sex, but to finish discussing how fearful we both had previously been about sharing our diagnosis with others in the past.

Meanwhile, after a few dates, he and I took it to another level. In fact, doing so gave us both some memorable moments of intense passion to last a life time. But the best part about it was that we'd already cleared the air. No longer was there a need to portray a false persona about being infected, because we'd already aired our dirty laundry.

Therefore, whenever you feel as though you're the only one living with this virus; think again. The very person you may find attractive, may be the very person who too, is infected and attracted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment